23 June 2009

Yard Work

This past weekend our church had it's Servant Sale. This is where the teenagers are provided to those with projects needing to be done and they become your servant for the day. It is a fundraiser for their missions trip, you choose how much or if you want to pay them.

I had two girls for the whole day, one young man for a few hours in the morning and another young man along with an adult for a few hours in the afternoon. They built a new wall in the back yard for another veggie bed. Moved almost 3 yards of dirt into the new bed, spread compost on the front beds, dug another new bed for my berry patch, and pulled lots and lots of weeds. What a wondeful blessing. The two beds did not quite get finished so I am working slowly on those this week plus Uncle Tom came out and moved the rest of the dirt into the backyard bed (thanks Uncle Tom).

Unfortunatly I was too busy helping in the yard to get photos of people working. Once the beds are finished I will post photos. As Leah would say "I am so cited (her word for excited)."

No comments: