I think I have shared before how I am trying to teach my girls about giving to others so for the third year in a row we filled some Operation Christmas Child boxes. Each girl filled a box and decided what was going in their box. They then helped me pack their box and put a picture of themself on the top. Then last Sunday we took our boxes to church and each girl got a sticker stating "I filled a box." Both were quite excited with the shopping for someone else, although Leah thought that maybe we should get her and Eden stuff as were were buying the "other girls" their stuff. Momma kept explaining that Leah and Eden already had most of the stuff we were buying and did not need more. (We were getting toothbrushes, hair things, shampoo, crayons, coloring books, playdough, and the like). I love that they enjoy the process and I look forward to doing with them in the years to come. 
Here they are sitting in front of a small pile of Operation Christmas Child boxes.
No comments:
Post a Comment