30 October 2010

Hiking with the Collins'


A friend of mine asked if we would be interested in going hiking with her multiple Saturdays a month and of course I said yes. This week was our first hiking adventure. True to Oregon weather it was overcast plus foggy in some places with a misting rain. We headed out just after lunch to an area in the Tualatin Hills called McCarthy Creek. It is privately held logging land where we walked the logging road. My only concern was Eden however we brought the kidpack just in case. Eden made it about a third of the way and then directed our adventure from the Julee's back. Leah did lots of running ahead, pointing out of dog poop, spotted one bit of bear scat, and did lots of leaf collecting. Julee's son Presscott also went with us and enjoyed walking in front of the group. He also tested out the kidpack when it was Eden free. We had a great time and can not wait to see what next Saturday holds.

Yup I'm Hiking!Okay, now I am riding (hiking is hard work)

Is is bear scat?Paige and JuleeWe made it.

No comments: