19 March 2010

Abundant Joy Playgroup

Back in January I started a playgroup for kids with disabilities and their siblings. We have met three times now and word is starting to get out about us. Here are Eden and Leah playing with their new friend Marissa. We originally met Marissa and her mom, Molly, at Wee Bop and made sure to invite them when we started our playgroup. It has been great for Molly and I to talk as mothers of kids with special needs and to see our children play with others under the umbrella of total acceptance. My hope is that this grows to have over 15 kids and that we parents can become a wonderful support network for each other. My church was gracious to let us use their 3's and 4's Sunday School classroom the second Tuesday of each month for our get togethers. Leah loves this as it is her classroom so she feels like she rule the roost.
HUGS
HOT WHEELS

1 comment:

lauren and brad said...

Eden's hair is sooo long! I love it!

What a great idea! I'm proud of you!